The Freshwater Solutions Team has extensive project experience including:
- Research and development strategies for the Environment Agency of England and Wales, Ministry for the Environment and Ministry of Fisheries.
- Mining sector experience including baseline environmental assessment of a mine in Armenia, environmental monitoring and effects assessment for Puke Coal, Pike River Coal, oceana Gold, Couer Gold, Newmont Waihi Gold, Roa Mining, Francis Mining and Winstone Aggregates, and International Finance Corporation (IFC) compliant Environment Impact Assessments (EIA) for Newcrest Mining in Fiji and Sumitomo Metal Mining Company in the Solomon Islands.
- Primary industry sector experience including environmental monitoring and effects assessments for Miraka Dairy, Fonterra Co-operative Group Ltd, Alliance Group Ltd, AFFCO Ltd, Norske Skog and Winstone Pulp International.
- Water resources assessments including environmental assessments for the Central Plains Water Enhancement Scheme, the Canterbury Water Management Committee and the Hurunui River for irrigation.
- Hydro electric power assessment including environmental monitoring and effects assessment of the operation of many of Trustpower Ltd’s hydro-electric power stations, reconsenting of the Roxburgh and Clyde Dams for Contact Energy, compliance monitoring and technical assessments for Genesis Energy and Trustpower, and technical review of Project AQUA and Trustpower’s Wairau River hydro-electric scheme as well as small scale hydro schemes on the West Coast.
- Stormwater management including stormwater effects on urban streams in Auckland and Christchurch for various city and district councils and completion of the Integrated Catchment Management Plan for the Hingaia Stream catchment in Papakura.
- Spill assessments and remediation.
- Urban stream and wetland restoration in Auckland, Waikato, Bay of Plenty and Northland.
- Land development ecological assessments throughout Auckland, Christchurch, Wellington, Tauranga, Pokeno and Pukekohe.
- Municipal landfill and cleanfill effects assessments in Manawatu, Waikato and Auckland
- Expert evidence for Canterbury Fish and Game, PukeCoal, Fonterra, Alliance Group, Meridian Energy, Buddle Findlay, Marlborough District Council and Masterfoods.